[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Failed to read 'request_type' from a header for /rostopic

Mikael Arguedas ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 18:06:20 UTC 2017

As pointed out earlier I don't have a UR10 to test, so an examples reproducing the same issue without requiring a UR10 would be very appreciated. Please test to send the same JointState message using `rostopic pub` on the ROS 1 side and `ros2 topic echo` on the ROS 2 side.

1 make sure you have a recent version of the ROS 2 code (either beta3 or the current master version), it's still unclear to me what version you are currently using.
2 Run the tests described in https://discourse.ros.org/t/failed-to-read-request-type-from-a-header-for-rostopic/2759/2
2.a If it doesn't work please report here with the command you ran and the console output
2.b if it works try to swap your `ros2 topic echo` with your custom ROS 2 node (without changing anything on the ROS 1 side). If this doesnt work please provide error message and detailed description of what happens vs what you expect to happen.

Cheers,

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/failed-to-read-request-type-from-a-header-for-rostopic/2759/8) or reply to this email to respond.