[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [TurtleBot] Waffle - HDMI no signal

Charles Stuart ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 12:26:26 UTC 2017

I was able to use joule-firmware-2017-06-26-1J2-public, specifically the debug bin file.  My initial flash with the release file would not boot, nor display anything on screen.  With the debug bin the board does run, although bootup times are very slow.

That said, the Joule board has proven to be unstable.  I'm unsure on the root cause, be it BIOS, Ubuntu, or hardware, but since Intel has discontinued the board I don't expect much in the way of software improvements.  At present, I've swapped over to a Raspberry Pi, and have an Odroid XU4 which will eventually end up in the Turtlebot.  I'll go back to the Joule at some point, but it's not a long term solution for development.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/waffle-hdmi-no-signal/2687/9) or reply to this email to respond.