[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] PlotJuggler 1.8.2 Released. Time to upgrade!

Davide Faconti ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 07:14:49 UTC 2018

Hi,

I am pleased to announce the availability of a new version of PlotJuggler, the tool that helps you visualize large amount of timeseries easily and intuitively.

## If you already know PlotJuggler

If you have ever had any issue with bugs, crashes or large loading times, this is the right moment to upgrade and give to PlotJuggler a second chance.
This new version is faster and more stable; a large amount of bugs were recently fixed.

# If you are new to PlotJuggler

PlotJuggler is a tool to visualize plots from recorded rosbags (offline) or from topics being published (realtime streaming). Think about it like __"rqt_plot + rqt_bag on steroids"__.
Its UI was specifically designed for those users which need to deal with hundreds (or even thousands) of timeseries; its ultimate goal is to enhance the ability of the developer to analyze data and debug his/her robotic software.
Take a look to the introductory video here: https://vimeo.com/214389001

![PlotJuggler|690x461](upload://6TI6QJ2tnjDgsj7tHqrN9maVRil.gif)

# Since you are here...

I developed 90% of PlotJuggler in my spare time; the project is not supported by any private or public funding (i.e., I am not paid to develop or maintain PlotJuggler).
Debugging robotic software is hard and I hope PlotJuggler makes it a little bit easier; this is my way to give back to our amazing ROS community.
If you have any suggestion for improvement, you noticed any bug or just want to drop me a line, don't hesitate to contact me.
Please, also answer this question to give me an idea of how many people use this package.

### Have you ever used PlotJuggler? How often?

[poll type=regular]
* I have never used it
* I use it sporadically
* I frequently use it