[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Crystal] ROS 2 Crystal Clemmys call for testing and package releases
ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 16:13:33 UTC 2018
The ROS 2 team is preparing for the Crystal Clemmys release and we'd like to invite you to help us by testing out the pre-release or releasing your own packages to Crystal.
## Testing the pre-release
ROS 2 is available with multiple RMW implementations on multiple platforms and architectures. Depending on your system configuration, you can help us out by doing any of the following:
* [Build ROS 2 Crystal from source](https://index.ros.org/doc/ros2/Installation/#building-from-source) on your preferred platform. Be sure to use the `master` branch version of the repos file (described [here](https://index.ros.org/doc/ros2/Linux-Development-Setup/#get-ros-2-0-code)) as Crystal is still in pre-release.
* Install and use the [binary archives](https://index.ros.org/doc/ros2/Installation/#binary-packages) available for MacOS Sierra, Windows 10, Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic, or Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial. Use [this link](https://github.com/ros2/ros2/releases/tag/prerelease-crystal-2018-12-08) for the archive downloads instead of the latest production release.
* [Install and use the ROS 2 Ubuntu Bionic packages](https://index.ros.org/doc/ros2/Linux-Install-Debians/) as they become available. ([AMD64 status](http://repo.ros2.org/status_page/ros_crystal_default.html), [ARM64 status](http://repo.ros2.org/status_page/ros_crystal_uxv8.html))
* Follow the ROS 2 [tutorials](https://index.ros.org/doc/ros2/Tutorials/) with one or more different RMW implementations.
* Run some [examples](https://github.com/ros2/examples) and [demos](https://github.com/ros2/demos).
After testing, reply back here to let us know what worked and what didn't work, along with what platform you're on and how you installed ROS 2.
If you run into problems, all the usual recommendations apply. You can ask questions on https://answers.ros.org with the `crystal` tag or report issues on https://github.com/ros2/ros2 or the relevant package repository. Be sure to follow the contributing guidelines and issue templates.
## Releasing your packages
If you maintain a package you would like to release in ROS 2 Crystal we encourage you to do so by following the [guide to releasing a ROS 2 package with bloom](https://index.ros.org/doc/ros2/Releasing-a-ROS-2-package-with-bloom/).
:peace_symbol:, :heart:, and :robot:,
The ROS 2 team
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-2-crystal-clemmys-call-for-testing-and-package-releases/7072/1) or reply to this email to respond.
More information about the ros-users