[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 on microcontrollers with RIOT

Loïc Dauphin ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 18:15:28 UTC 2018

@rreignier, I currently haven't managed to do it on wired communication yet. But, like you, I will need some wired communication for Eurobot. I plan to try at least USB/UART and CAN during the (few) remaining months before the competition. Normally, UART (over USB) between a board and a computer should be already possible thanks to RIOT's module "ethos", and it would be a great first tutorial if I manage to make it work, actually ! ^^ Even better than board to board communication.

@vmayoral, it sounds interesting, indeed. With my development of the 2 last months, I feel it's possible to use different underlying OS quite easily now, I was even thinking about porting ROS2 to the Arduino framework (when I would have the time). I would try to help you ! I'm looking forward to have more information on your project.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-on-microcontrollers-with-riot/1293/14) or reply to this email to respond.