[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Error MSB4126: The specified solution configuration "Release|x 86" is invalid

Mikael Arguedas ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 23:14:57 UTC 2018

Hi @RAM46,

You need to be in a Visual Studio shell to build the code. From the wiki paged you linked:
"`Windows 10: Press the windows key and type apps: vs2015 x64 native tools command prompt`".

Note that ROS2 targets only 64bits architectures and compilations so we have never tried building in "Release|x86" only x64.

Regarding VS version, we are planning on migrating to VS2017 in the near future but this is not the case at the moment, so the instructions have been tested only for VS2015 Update 3.

HTH,

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/error-msb4126-the-specified-solution-configuration-release-x-86-is-invalid/3937/2) or reply to this email to respond.