[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Jobs] Senior Navigation engineer

SDR ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 18:24:10 UTC 2018

**The company**

Stanley Robotics is a highly ambitious robotics start-up launched in January 2015. Set to revolutionise the car-parking world with an automated valet service, our robots can move any vehicle. We dont just want to make the experience of car parking better; we want to get rid of it altogether!

Already seeing strong growth with several key accounts (car parking providers), Stanley Robotics has raised equity from big name investors and in 2017 will be rolling out several large-scale projects.

We are looking for a passionate and innovative Senior Navigation engineer that will strengthen our Robotics team.
Position is based in Paris center.

**The role**

Working within a technical team of 15 people, you will be in charge of :
* Develop and test code for mobile robots : path planning for a non-holonomic robot,
* Design future architecture for multi-robots system in order to improve performance and security,
* Collaborate with the mechanical team, and front software team.

Depending on your experience, a Lead position is possible.

**Your profile**

We are looking for a passionate and curious developer with C++ expertise. A person who is daring, conscientious, questioning, and with excellent interpersonal skills.

Requirements:
* Msc or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar
* 5+ years of software development experience
* Experience programming in C++ and Python
* Excellent knowledge of Linux and development on Linux systems
* Strong skills in data structures and advanced algorithms
* Experience with mobile robotics
* English and French professional proficiency
* Focussed on the quality of the code
* Desire to learn and ability to teach
* Desire to work as a team: overall success is more important than individual success
* Comfortable working within the less formal context of a startup business
* Free Software mindset and belief in sharing with the community

Desired skills:
* Experience with embedded and realtime systems
* Should be familiar with ROS
* Open Source contributions
* Experience in hands-on robotics research and expertise in one or more of the following: computer vision, LIDAR, object tracking, sensor fusion, perception, machine learning, motion planning, and control

**What we offer**

* Fast-paced and flexible environment
* Work from home days
* Meal vouchers
* Private healthcare
* Transportation stipend
* Holidays (5 weeks + RTT)
* Transparent salary policy
* Stock options (BSPCE)

Tell us why you think you are the right person for this job by applying on our website https://stanley-robotics.breezy.hr/

We dont look so much at rsums, just put a LinkedIn link in your email. Focus on describing your projects, your experiences and what you would like to bring to the team. GitHub and Twitter usernames are really useful to us.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/senior-navigation-engineer/3576/1) or reply to this email to respond.