[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Jobs] Software Engineer for robotic farming (Iron Ox)

Brandon Alexander ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 23:08:11 UTC 2018

Iron Ox is building robotic greenhouses to supply fresh and sustainable produce. We're a team from Willow Garage, Google[x], and Savioke that are passionate about deeply understanding and developing the new wave of technology to feed people. Iron Ox is a well-funded startup backed by Y Combinator and located in the San Francisco Bay Area.

We take a systems approach to automating the farm, from multiple different robots to IoT sensors. We are looking for a software engineer to help develop the cloud software that will orchestrate the entire greenhouse, including quickly processing hundreds of data points from our sensors, sending actions to robots for tasks that need to be performed and visual interfaces to monitor the state of the farm. You will also develop software for our IoT sensors and work closely with our cross-disciplinary team.

We're a Python and C++ shop, but welcome engineers from other language backgrounds. Familiarity with REST and RDBMS like Postgres and cloud services like AWS a big plus. Please let us know if any experience with embedded systems too (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc.).

[Apply here](https://jobs.lever.co/ironox/461242c9-6863-4c08-ad6b-244089ac6112)!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/software-engineer-for-robotic-farming-iron-ox/3764/1) or reply to this email to respond.