[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Quality Assurance] Documentation for maintainers

fkromer ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 07:14:38 UTC 2018

[quote="gavanderhoorn, post:4, topic:3838"]
I get the tongue-in-cheek, but I believe the problem is even bigger here: ideally a solution works both when there actually is a boss, and when there isnt.
[/quote]

I don't want someone to get this wrong. But I think in a company neither the "developer" nor the "tester" role (independent of the fact if these roles are executed by the same person or not) has the authority to decide something like that on some bigger scope (e.g. company scope). Usually company guidelines which are commonly agreed on handle decisions like that (after considering possible implications).

[quote="gavanderhoorn, post:4, topic:3838"]
The latter is  at least for now  probably still more common in the large, federated and sometimes completely unconnected ROS developer population.
[/quote]

Speaking as a community member I would consider (1) package guidelines before (2) working group guidelines (for several packages) before (3) general community guidelines as starting point to loot for information like that.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/documentation-for-maintainers/3838/7) or reply to this email to respond.