[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Jog_control: Jogging package for robot arms

Ryosuke Tajima ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 05:41:53 UTC 2018

Hi,

We are now working on `jog_control`, which provides jog control for research and industrial manipulators.

https://github.com/tork-a/jog_control

ROS oriented robot arms sometimes suffer from the lack of the teaching system, which is usually provided by industrial manipulators. Yes, we have MoveIt! and Rviz plug-in, but we know it is quite difficult to specify target hand position and posture by the GUIs while we have to observe the robot is moving in real workspace. We preferably need teaching pendants or joypads to jog the robot. This package is aiming to provide joint jogging, frame jogging, joypad and teaching pendant control.

![Default%20Project|690x460](upload://k9ZedoSspSrZG6qvxGTUSJplkxS.gif)

Please refer the repository and [our blog post](http://opensource-robotics.tokyo.jp/?page_id=2725&lang=en) for further information. We are very appreciated if we can get feedback from various robot users to improve this package.

Thanks,

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/jog-control-jogging-package-for-robot-arms/5094/1) or reply to this email to respond.