[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS-Industrial] Using the Motoman SDA20D Dual-arms DX100 ROS Interface(Indigo)

gavanderhoorn ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed May 2 13:49:46 UTC 2018

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe you're not running the multi-group version of the driver.

Message `2017` is `ROS_MSG_MOTO_JOINT_FEEDBACK_EX` (from [REP-I0004](https://github.com/ros-industrial/rep/blob/master/rep-I0004.rst#motoman)), which is the message used by the driver to report multi-group joint states. Unless the multi-group codepaths are used in `motoman_driver`, the ROS nodes will not know how to deserialise those messages and the multi-group interface will not work.

Can you please provide some more details on what exactly you are launching, where you got it from, and what parameters you are providing it (ie: packages, launch files, yaml configuration files, etc).

IIRC, the group for the torso should not have all those joints.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/using-the-motoman-sda20d-dual-arms-dx100-ros-interface-indigo/4667/2) or reply to this email to respond.