[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] [ros2arduino] Discussion for development : ROS2 library for Arduino

Kei ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 12:21:49 UTC 2018

Hello,

I am writing this article today to introduce the **ros2arduino** and open a discussion forum.
**ros2arduino** is aimed at the ROS2 library available in Arduino, like rosserial_arduino in ros1.
This is currently included in the [roadmap](https://github.com/ros2/ros2/wiki/Roadmap#next-release---crystal-clemmys-december-2018) for the next release of ROS2.

The previous step of this ros2arduino was to [support ROS2 of the TB3 burger](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tb3-introducing-ros2-tutorials/5959).
And now we want to create a library that is commonly available on the Arduino as well as the TB3 burger.

The Github Repository is [this link](https://github.com/ROBOTIS-GIT/ros2arduino).
The code that is currently in use is from TB3.
But, it can not be used on general arduino boards yet because it depends on microRTPS.

Anyway, since this is open source, I hope you will discuss and contribute together if you want.

Here are some of the things that I think we need to discuss.
 - **Build system** : for Arduino IDE's compile method. (@Ingo_Lutkebohle mentioned [modm](https://modm.io/) as one of the considerations.)
 - S/W **architecture**
 - Programming **language version**
 - Etc...

I think we can not make it perfect from the beginning.
We will continue to develop for the release and hope that this discussion will lead to a better library.

Any kind of contribution is welcome.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2arduino-discussion-for-development-ros2-library-for-arduino/6498/1) or reply to this email to respond.