[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Announcing ROS snapshot repositories

Chris Ratliff via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 21:58:19 UTC 2019

I'm glad to learn about the snapshot repos.  A few months ago I was burned by a regression in the main repo and didn't know where to find the old debs.  This looks like a great resource.

Is the reproducilbility of ROS being tracked somewhere?  I've been working on it some myself and was wondering if there were ways to contribute or learn what other people might be doing.

Because of the regression I ran into I started caching the ROS packages locally using aptly.  I noticed @Mike_Purvis published the aptly docker container so I wondered if clearpath is doing something similar.

I also posted this, https://discourse.ros.org/t/rosdep-sources-list/7583  a short while ago because I was concerned about reproducibility when using rosdep  Being able to get the old debs if required is a large step, but if you're using the rosdep db in github, it could shift underneath you even if you have stable deb packages.

I don't mean to get too off track with that, but the more reproducible the better.  Thanks for the announcement!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/announcing-ros-snapshot-repositories/7705/3) or reply to this email to respond.