[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Actions in ROS 2

Kyle Fazzari via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 19:38:36 UTC 2019

[quote="alsora, post:14, topic:6254"]

>From what Ive seen, currently actions lack two useful features: the possibility of using them with nodes composition and some simplified APIs, similar to the `simple_action_server` and `simple_action_client` of ROS1.

Do you know if someone is working on these items?

[/quote]

Not that I know of, but I know there are some strong feelings about such things. I for one would rather see the API well-documented along with some simple tutorials covering common cases as opposed to seeing those classes come back. I've seen them cause a lot of confusion (e.g. those hidden threads bite a lot of folks).

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/actions-in-ros-2/6254/15) or reply to this email to respond.