Author: William Woodall
To: Jonathan Bohren, User discussions
Subject: Re: [ros-users] Some ROS devs got frustrated with Catkin. You won't believe what happened next!
Yes, unfortunately I've not had time to split out parts of #196 or fix it
up to merge it as is. I think for the bug Jon Binney is referring to is
particularly heinous and we should try to get a short term fix in place. We
can discuss that on the catkin_tools issue referenced above.

I'll just reiterate that catkin_tools is still in beta (long time I know),
and that there are still systemic issues which need to be addressed before
I'd be willing to recommend it over catkin_make_isolated. Those are
captured in https://github.com/catkin/catkin_tools/issues/90. As Jonathan
mentioned, many things are addressed in his pr #196, but I've yet to find a
large enough block of time to get it through to master.

On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 6:18 AM, Jonathan Bohren via ros-users <

William Woodall
ROS Development Team

http://wjwwood.io/