Author: Florian Kromer via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Florian Kromer
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 perception porting status

[quote="Kukanani, post:4, topic:6231"]

I would agree with the decision to avoid poor-performing packages to ROS2. In general, the large number of ROS1 packages can be daunting for someone who is just starting out, especially when its not immediately clear which of those packages are considered best practice or are even actively maintained. The ROS QA group should help alleviate this but I think the easiest way to make it clear is to simply not make older outdated packages available in ROS 2.

[/quote]

Probably it is not always just about performance but reliability in the architectural level as well: https://discourse.ros.org/t/functional-safety-design-patterns/6364

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-perception-porting-status/6231/9) or reply to this email to respond.