[ros-users] ntp and multi-machines

Kevin Watts watts at willowgarage.com
Thu Apr 29 16:11:04 UTC 2010

For viewing diagnostics messages, it might be easier to use the
runtime_monitor (http://www.ros.org/wiki/runtime_monitor).

ntp_monitor runs "ntpdate -q <server>" and "ntpdate -q <hostname>" to check
against the host, and itself. If both of these commands work (and return 0),
ntp_monitor should give you the offset.

It sounds like "sudo ntpdate <host>" works, so this might be some kind of
configuration or permissions problem on your board.

Kevin