[ros-users] OSGi ROSJAVA

Abhishek Verma toabhishekverma at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 11:27:03 UTC 2011

Hi Demon,
As of now I havent done much.
I created a bundle which has all libraries i.e whatever rosjava/lib contains
+ rosjava.jar(contains rosjava , apache common and xmlrpc).
Created OSGi Bundle which starts RosCore on 11311 (as of now hardcoded, but
properties can be read from configuration files or command line) and Started
a Publisher

In another java stand alone program I started subscriber and Subscriber is
able to communicate with Publisher started in OSGi Bundle

Now I have to define RosCore as service (and export rosjava api) and launch
Talker and Subscriber as a separate OSGi Bundle and check whether they are
able to communicate or not.

As Knopflerfish Desktop bundle, I have plans to do UI Control for RosCore
and all publishers and subscribers
Also I am planning to add a Visualiser which can show all
publishers/subscribers running in system (I dont knowyet how much its
possible or not) and A View for Publisher.

Thanks and Regards
Abhishek Verma