Author: Lewis Liu via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Lewis Liu
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 Navigation - Input requested

Happy to know this kickoff. :slight_smile:

Per my experience of using ROS Navigation Stack, I would like to add below items into the wish list:
1. make a more flexible mechanism for plugin implementations, especially for recovery plugins.
2. Support multi-thread and heterogeneous computing
3. Adopt AI gene (e.g. Reinforcement learning) into path planning and collision avoidance.
4. Support more map types
5. it's better to support 3D path planning and CA

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-navigation-input-requested/4884/3) or reply to this email to respond.