Author: Vilas Chitrakaran via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Vilas Chitrakaran
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Discussion on ROS to ROS2 transition plan

> Does anyone know of an existing ROS2 robot that has been transitioned from ROS1? I would be up to analyze some code and see if there is a potential static translation/best effort translation I could write a script for for most ROS nodes.

I have a Turtlebot3 on backorder essentially to learn how painful this transition from ROS1 -> ROS2 might be. Eventually, we want to test ROS2 as a platform on which to implement multi-robot cooperative intralogistics on AMRs that carry payloads up to 3 tons (so, a serious application involving safety and performance considerations - not a toy). Happy to report on my findings as they become available. At the moment, we are building our own software stack based on DDS which will take us through early prototypes. If ROS2 becomes available and fits our requirements, we will use it; otherwise we will continue with custom stack. Personally, I believe in giving back to the community. I have happily paid for open source software before to support their development. But I am afraid, it is not always my call.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/discussion-on-ros-to-ros2-transition-plan/6155/40) or reply to this email to respond.